Monday, August 26, 2013

First Week of School

Well, the name tags are made, the mailboxes are labeled, and the piles of items to cut and laminate are slowly dwindling down. 

I survived the first week of school! After moving classrooms this year, I never thought the day would come that I'd actually get to lay in my bed and relax. I kept my classroom pretty similar to last year (work smarter, not harder, right?), but I'll post some pictures of the subtle changes I made this year.

Moving in -- early stages...

...and after about five 12-hour days, it's finally getting somewhere! 

Job & Absent Student Board


Front of the room! 


Math Posters! 


Common Core Bulletin Board!


Reading Corner!


Welcome Board...took about 1/8 of the time as my last year one.  


Birthday Pillow! When it's their birthday, they get to sit on it for the day! 


In Class/Not In Class Board


Other than the fact that I'll probably despise chevron by the end of the year, I'm pretty happy with the room overall! Look forward to my next post about classroom management and my positive reinforcement plan Wonder (R.J. Palacio) themed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment