Sunday, August 4, 2013

Classroom Decor

Ah the time has come.

Bust out the Cricut cartridges, dust off your stapler, and set aside some time to plant yourself in front of Pinterest in an attempt to make your classroom even cuter than the year before. At least that's what's on my agenda this week.

The past two years I've taken pictures of my classroom, so that when I go back in the following year, I know exactly how to set it up, and what exactly I need to tweak. So right about now is my time to take a look at what I used last year. Here are some pictures of my classroom last year!

My reading nook! Notice the book bins don't have labels yet. To establish a sense of community in my class, I have my students organize and label the bookshelves. 
Dumbledore quotes are the best! 

I LOVE painting! I took some classics and some popular children's books and painted them on canvases. This is one way I promote reading in my classroom!







My Left Brain, Right Brain canvas is possibly my favorite craft! It has a little bit of everything -- acrylic paint, water color, melted crayon, etc. It's also a great visual for students.
The front of my room!
Birthday Wall! 



Literary Devices Poster -- once I remember where I got them (from Teachers Pay Teachers), I'll give credit! 

Front of my room

There are white pieces of paper because that's where the student work goes, and there were no students there yet! 

Students keep their extra materials in those bins above their cubbies. 

I can't find the picture of the totally finished bulletin board, but this is the iHelp board where I post the weekly student jobs!

My Welcome Board! .....that stayed up all year! Oops! 

I bought some fabulous chevron fabric for my bulletin boards this year, and I'm working on some new book cover canvases! Once my classroom is all ready, I'll post some pictures up here, so stay tuned!



2 comments:

  1. Lauren, you have a lovely classroom, thanks for sharing! If you don't mind, could you tell me where you got the lettering for the welcome sign (the wordle)? I love this idea! Thanks so much, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, thank you so much! The lettering was done by a Cricut. I used the Alphalicious cartridge. A Cricut is a machine that cuts out letters and designs for you and allows you to adjust the size. Here's the website:

    http://www.cricut.com/home/

    The machines and cartridges are kind of pricy, but if you get them on sale (or convince your school to buy one), they're really nice to have! I'll be posting more to my blog: tutorials, pictures of my new classroom, etc, so please keep checking up on it! :)

    Let me know if you have any other questions!

    Thanks,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete